Thursday, June 14, 2018

Some of my favorite {LGBT} Books!

Happy Pride Month, y'all!  So, ahem, I thought it would be fun to create a post with some of my favorite books that feature LGBT+ Characters.

Here we go



They Both Die at the End - Adam Silvera 
 Reading TBDATE was like having my heart ripped out and stomped on over and over and over again.  It was amazing, and the two main characters are both gay!


 Every Heart a Doorway, Down Among the Sticks and Bones, and Beneath the Sugar Sky - Seanan McGuire 
 The three books above are weird and dark and prominently feature several characters on the LGBT+ spectrum, including a character who is an ace, which I think is phenomenal because asexuality is very underrepresented in literature.
 

 Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli
 What can I say about Simon that I haven't already said?!  I loved this book and the fact that the main character is gay!  We need more books with LGBT main characters!


 Autoboyography - Christina Lauren 
 Autoboyography is a fabulous book that looks at the difficulties that arise when a teen living in a Mormon-centric city falls in love with someone who is gay and Mormon, but who is struggling with his identity.




 The God Box - Alex Sanchez
 The God Box was a book that really challenged me, because at the time I read it, I was still sort of coming to terms with not really being super religious, and trying to marry this idea that you can be religious and gay.  This is a great book to read for teens who are gay and religious, or gay and raised by religious parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment