Wednesday, June 2, 2021

It's June - Time To Show you Some Books


Hey Reader Friends!  Happy June. I can't believe it's here already.  

Anyway, I wanted to stop by and share my favorite books of the year so far with you.  Sit back and enjoy.


1. Concrete Rose - Angie Thomas: This book explores the life of Maverick Carter, Starr Carter's dad, as he goes through his last year of high school, becomes a young dad, and tries to deal with life as a new dad and gang member.  I loved this book as much as I loved The Hate U Give.  Angie Thomas is a wonderful author, and everything she wants to write, I'm game to read. 

2. The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires - Grady Hendrix: This was a hilarious yet creepy look at smallish town life and the way that life changes when all the snoopy ladies in the neighborhood meet the new guy in town.

3. Horrorstor - Grady Hendrix: This was the funniest yet grosses book I've ever read.  Grady Hendrix really does a number on his characters, and I loved every second of it.



4. The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue - V.E. Schwab: This was, hands down, my absolute 100% favorite book of the year.  I loved every single wonderful second of this book.  I feel like there aren't enough words to describe my love for this book, but you can read my review here.

5. The Once and Future Witches - Alix E. Harrow: This book was my second favorite book of the year so far.  I LOVED this book. The review is here.



6. Cemetery Boys - Aiden Thomas: I just loved this book so much, and if you haven't read it yet, I don't even know what to tell you! GO READ THIS BOOK.  You can find my review here.

7. The House on the Cerulean Sea - TJ Klune: This is a sweet, wonderful, funny book that explores the importance of acceptance of self and others, and shows love in the best way. I loved every moment of it.  Especially Lucy.  My review for this book is here.












No comments:

Post a Comment