Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Legendary - Stephanie Garber

Title: Legendary 
Author: Stephanie Garber 
Format: Audiobook
Rating: 4.5 Stars 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legendary, the second in the Caraval series, is just as rousing a book as its predecessor.  There is even more intrigue in this book, and the solving of a very important mystery: WE LEARN WHO LEGEND IS!!!

Have no fear, I won't tell you who Legend is.  I will say this though: It totally fits this person.

I, once again, loved the characters in this book.  Just when you thought the author couldn't ramp them up, she did!  It was a short timeline in the book again since it takes place over a second Caraval held in the mainland and surrounding Elentine's castle.  (Forgive me if I spell Elentine wrong, I listened to this on audio.)  As such there isn't tons of character growth, but the development of the characters is very well done.  They are all well written in this book, and each character fits into the story solidly.

I loved the mystery surrounding the characters in this book.  There was an added element to Dante and to the quest to find not only Legend, but Tella and Scarlet's mother.  The fates being loose in this book added another layer of intrigue and mystery to the characters and to the story as a whole.  It was interesting to see how each character interacted and behaved in regards to the fates.

The story was well developed, the events of the book flowed well together, and the foreshadowing was, as in Caraval, absolutely perfect.  As in most fantasy books, there were a lot of wild and fantastical events and they all fit so well with the characters and story as a whole.  And what would the events of Caraval be without the fantastical element, after all?  

Things I Absolutely Adored:
* The magical elements, of course 
* Finding out who Legend is 
* Watching Tella and Scarlet learn more about love and what they really wanted
* The entertainment of Caraval being held somewhere other than Legend's private island. 
* The absolute amount of deception in this whole book.  Here me out: This is some next level awesomeness right here.
* The way this book takes places from Tella's perspective. It gives us more of a chance to know her, and it sets up the final book very well.
* Watching the relationships that Tell and Scarlet had with Julian and Dante grow, and watching each girl learn more about love and what that means for each of them. 

This was truly a marvelous book to read, and I'm glad I finally prioritized it!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, reader friends: Have you read this book?  If so, drop me a comment and let me know what you thought of it!  I'd love to hear from you


 











No comments:

Post a Comment