Wednesday, April 6, 2022

My Favorite Childhood Books

 


I was a reader from a young age.  I loved books as soon as I was able to read. so I thought I'd share some of my favorite childhood books! 

First up: 

The Frances Books by Russell Hoban. 


These Frances books were so cute and fun, and I loved the character of Frances so much!

Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina 


There was some humor in this book as well as a well written story.  I also remember loving the pictures. 


The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear by Don Wood 


This book was silly and funny and it had strawberries in it!  


As I got be an older kid/teenager, I absolutely LOVED:

The Babysitters Club Series by Ann M. Martin 


I cannot even tell you how many times I read my way through this series! The books were very well worn, and I HAD TO HAVE all the super special's as well.  


The Sweet Valley High books by Francine Pascal and several ghost writers 



I loved the way these books were written - and the mysteries were my favorite.  Was it Jessica? Was it her twin?  WHO DID IT?  


What were some of your favorite books when you were growing up?  Let me know in the comments! 


5 comments:

  1. I love how much you loved to read when you were young and so happy the love of reading continues in your life. I still have your Caps for Sale book! A favorite of your nieces and nephews when they were little, too!Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite books growing up was Betsy-Tacy (series) by Maud Hart Lovelace. I checked in a rare book store and they had an original but a little our of my price range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Betsy Tacy Books were great too! And the Happy Hollister books you had in your room that I read.

      Delete
  3. Delaney loves Caps for Sale! Caese read it at story time on day and she was soooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear she loves it. It's such a great book!

      Delete