Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Creepy October Reads

Hey Y'all - Halloween is next week - YEAH!  If you're like me, you've probably spent a fair amount of time wondering what sort of creepy, spooky, or downright terrifying books are perfect to read in the month of October.  Well, hang on to your chairs - here are {some of the} great books you can read this month to really get you in the Halloween spirit!


The Mara Dyer Trilogy - Michelle Hodkin 
The whole series is weird, wild, and just all around one crazy trip.  I don't want to spoil anything (and just my luck I would) so I'll just tell you to read these books and leave it at that!



The Peculiar Children Series - Ransom Riggs 
Words can't describe how much I love this book.  It has monsters crawling out of the woodwork, and it's creepy as hell.  Read them all - you won't be disappointed.



 Survive the Night - Danielle Vega
Murder, underground subway parties, a friend gone crazy - this book has it all.


Asylum - Madeleine Roux
Kids staying at a college dorm that was originally an asylum!  How can you not love that?!



The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall - Katie Alender
Death and ghosts and a girl who doesn't know she's dead - this whole book is just amazing!



The Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling 
I know these aren't technically creepy horror novel type reads, but there is enough of a creepy, scary aspect in each book to make them worthy of being read in October (or really any time of the year!)


Every Heart a Doorway and Down Among the Sticks and Bones - Seanan McGuire 
These can both be read as standalones, but you should read Every Heart a Doorway first.  Both books have some murder, lots of darkness, and twin sisters that will kind of make you sit up and say "What?!"

2 comments:

  1. I've read the Peculiar Children series and I agree this is great for Halloween. A few of these are in my TBR I even mentioned Asylum in my Halloween reading recommendations/TBR post.
    Gemma @ www.gemmasbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Peculiar Children books are just fantastic aren't they?! I'm glad to hear someone else is going to be reading Asylum!

    ReplyDelete