Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Frequently Used Words In Fantasy Titles





Hey Y'all! Welcome to another round of Top Ten Tuesday - a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  Every week, Jana picks a new topic: This weeks topic is Frequently used Words in (blank) Titles.  Here are some of my favorite books that fall into the category of: Frequently Used Words In Fantasy Titles!

So, have you noticed that a lot of Fantasy books use "And The" or "Of The" to describe something?  Here are some great books that use "And The" or "Of The" in their titles!



I love the whole Harry Potter Series (as if you couldn't tell since I have mentioned the books in a couple of TTT posts!)  But, it's no secret that the titles are all HP "And The" blank! 



The Artemis Fowl books are some more cute kids books that I enjoy, but also use "And The" Descriptors throughout the titles. 

I LOVE The Chronicles of Narnia - But as with many fantasy books, C.S. Lewis also used the lovely "Of The" in his title The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  

 Who doesn't love JRR Tolkiens classic Lord "Of The" Rings?!  You know what I find equally awesome about the title?!  Tolkien also uses "of the" in two of the titles in the LOTR trilogy! 






4 comments:

  1. Yep, I’ve noticed this. I guess if it worked for Harry Potter, publishers think it’ll work for everyone. Great list!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - Harry Potter was definitely the trailblazer for a lot of things in the publishing industry! (And movie making industry with their split of the Deathly Hallows book into 2 movies!)

      Delete
  2. Yes I have noticed this for fantasies too! Or like [Name] and then whatever the adventure is, for Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl etc. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny this happens so much! I like a lot of books that follow this trend, but I find myself wondering quite a bit if the author couldn't find a better title that's less cliche.

      Delete