Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Disliked/Hated but Am Really Glad I Read






 Hi reader friends!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday: A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This weeks topic is: Books I Disliked/Hated but Am Really Glad I Read



1. American Street - I didn't totally hate American Street, but I didn't really love it either.  I am glad I read it though, because it gave me some good insight into life as an immigrant in America.

2. Turtles All The Way Down - I was really looking forward to this books, but I found it to be pretty weak as far as writing and character development.  It did provide some insight into what severe anxiety must be like.


3.  The Becoming of Noah Shaw - I read this book because I loved the Mara Dyer Trilogy.   I was hoping this book would be as wonderful as it's predecessors, but it fell flat and was very repetitive for me.  However, it did give a little more insight into the relationship between Mara and Noah, and gave a peek as to why that relationship had to end.

4. The Place Between Breaths - This was a book that felt so disjointed, and so disconnected.  However, it did give a good look at what it must feel like to have schizophrenia. 





No comments:

Post a Comment