Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Book Vs Movie: Simon V Simon

Hey y'all!  With the large amount of totally awesome books that have been made into movies, I thought I would do a little Blog Vs. Movie of books and their movies that I loved.

Today: It's Simon V. Simon.

That's right: We're taking a look at Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, and its movie counterpart Love, Simon.


THE BOOK:

First off, you can read my review of Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda here!  (Spoiler Alert: I LOVED IT!) 

The book dealt a bit more with racism - which I like and appreciate.  I wish the movie would have been more upfront with this aspect of the book.  

It wasn't until later in the book that Simon thought Bram was the one writing to him.  In fact - he felt like it might be any number of theatre dudes, and at one point I believe he even thought it was MARTIN!! 


THE MOVIE:

I loved the actors cast in the movie.  I think they all did a great job! 

HOWEVER, there were things the movie missed out on. 

1. Why didn't Leah confront her friends about their racism toward Abby?

2.  Why is Leah straight in the movie?!?!?!??!

3. How come Simon thought it was Bram first, then went to thinking it was all the other dudes. 

I Did Love:
*Simon's family! 
* This moment with Simon's dad:
 

 
*And This Moment: 
 
*And the moment when his dad asks if he got someone pregnant!  Or if he was pregnant.  
 
* AND THE BEST MOMENT IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE RIGHT HERE:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment